Re: GitLab CI runners for non-Linux systems

於 星期一,2018-05-28 於 12:09 -0400,xclaesse gmail com 提到:
Hi,

We now have 6 arch tested for glib, all with Meson.

- macosx-10.13-meson-x86_64
  * Native macosx 10.13 build
  * Fails to build with --werror, if anyone wants to take a look.
  * Some unit tests fails and are ignored, if anyone wants to take a
look.
  * Machine currently hosted at Collabora Montreal office, will setup
another runner on another machine we have in a proper data center.

It looks like this one was temporarily removed.

Missing, if someone wants to contribute:
 - Some autotools runners? IMHO (I'm not maintainer) we should
recommend meson for 2.58 and drop autotools for 2.60.
 - Some 32 bits archs?
 - More macosx/android/windows/distros versions?
 - *BSD

After spending a few days on fixing GLib tests, I finally get all tests pass on
FreeBSD: https://gitlab.gnome.org/lantw/glib/-/jobs/38840

The test ran in a jail with FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p10 userland on FreeBSD 11.2-
BETA3 amd64 kernel.

In fact, 'collate' test fails but it is marked as 'SKIP' because of lacking
en_US locale, 'testfilemonitor' is modified to allow some missing events because
kqueue isn't as good as inotify on file monitoring. Even if not all tests work
perfectly, running these tests already let me find a few bugs and fix problems
in GKqueueFileMonitor. The code and commits in my GLib fork are just for quick
testing and I will make them look better before submitting a merge request.

However, the runner I use in my GLib fork runs in a VM whose host is very
unreliable and not suitable for use as an official CI runner. This host crashes
often and its uptime is usually less than 2 weeks. It also gives me random
segfault and corrupted files sometimes. I can document steps required to run
GitLab CI runner on FreeBSD, so people who are able to provide machines can
setup a runner quickly. It is easy and can be done in about 5 commands.

 - Solaris
 - cygwin

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.