API stability for Meson configuration options

Hi,
Every so often I look at a change like https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker/merge_requests/58 or https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker-miners/issues/49, which change or remove the behaviour of Meson configuration options.

Do we have a policy for if/when we can do breaking changes to Meson configuration API? If this was a change to the C API, we'd delay it until the next major release (in this case Tracker 3.0).

Sam