Re: GNOME Online Accounts 3.34 won't have documents support

On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 18:52 +0000, Debarshi Ray wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 04:03:41PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 14:33 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
That's not what's happening here. Until very recently, Debarshi
was
the Documents maintainer, and he's obviously been fully involved.

It is what is happening in GNOME Online Accounts in general. Pocket
is
disabled in Fedora 29, and there's a good chance that the mail
configuration bits will be disabled in Fedora 30.

Grep for "Future of Pocket in GNOME" from 24th August 2018 in your
inbox.

Which solves what? You're removing the Documents and Mail categories,
you're removing Pocket support.

I'm more than annoyed because I didn't think that you'd disable and/or
remove support for things that were already supported if they weren't
broken, and I've spent a long while adding GOA support to grilo Lua
sources so we could have Last.fm covers in Music, and watch Pocket'ed
videos.

I use GNOME Documents with Google Docs, I have a GMail mail account
setup with GNOME Online Accounts, and I (seldom) watch Pocket'ed
videos.

Reading that mail you mentioned won't bring those features back. It's
far from the first time you've wanted to remove Pocket support from
GOA, as if it was a time sink, and a maintenance pain.

I just don't understand the strategy of disabling/removing features and
services, breaking apps on newer hosts.

Please explicitely, "don't use GNOME Online Accounts if you're not a
core app that's part of the system", if that's what it's going to be.