Re: System-wide dark mode

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 1:14 PM, Alexander <exalm7659 gmail com> wrote:
Since WebKit supports Apple's dark mode now, I wonder if mail clients (and also Devhelp/Builder) will be able to provide styles for dark mode with that.

Well we really don't, not yet. That's what I've been trying to say....

Once we do, mailers could add color-schemes to the CSS to indicate support for dark mode. That will be automatically supported once WebKitGTK supports the color-schemes property. If Apple Mail already supports this, as I suspect, then mailers will start using it soon.

Like Milan says, it will never be safe to use for arbitrary HTML mails. HTML is always going to need to opt-in.

Michael