Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

Can't GtkStatusIcon be modified to show icons in the top bar? Permanently adding the extension code to the shell (which, if I've undesrtood properly, "moves" icons from tray to topbar) will be a dirty but effective solution.

I think, from my deep lack of knowledge about how it works, thak GtkStatusIcon could be modified to show icons in the topbar, so applications will keep calling to it without modifications, but icons would appear in the topbar instead of in the tray.

If this is technically impossible just forget about it :-)