Re: Changes to GitLab runners configuration

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:53 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:

Have you tested this? I've tried many times and afaik GitLab is simply
incompatible with podman images. I don't remember the exact error
message  offhand, but GitLab fails to detect podman containers as valid
containers, even when using 'podman build --format=docker'.

We've been using podman successfully to build the Tracker CI images.
The exact build instructions are here:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker-oci-images/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml

These containers are working fine in GitLab CI, see the tracker.git and
tracker-miners.git pipelines

Note that we're using Fedora 30 there, I haven't tested with Fedora 31.

Sam