Re: Changes to GitLab runners configuration

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 6:47 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 8:20 pm, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get lsan/asan to work without CAP_SYS_PTRACE
> yet or otherwise have any suggestions on what would need to be done
> to support it in an unprivileged setup?

I marked my CI as privileged:

That I've also done, but it's not a good solution since the job still won't work on contributors' forks. I guess it's a slight improvement that contributors will now have their merge requests timeout instead of fail outright: https://gitlab.gnome.org/ptomato/gjs/-/commit/5621258ec5f81a3c389b49148faafc7c9f5c454f/pipelines?ref=tag-lsan-jobs But it's still confusing to contributors and it still means that I have to merge everything manually.

I'd really appreciate if we could find a way to have the unprivileged runners have CAP_SYS_PTRACE added to them.

Cheers,
--
Philip C