Re: Soft translation deadline

On Sun, Mar 13 2022 at 11:00:10 PM +0000, Release Team <noreply gnome org> wrote:
Soft translation deadline is 2022-03-16 at 23:59 UTC. Translations
committed after this point may be too late to be included. Maintainers
should not release stable tarballs until after this day.

Hi all,

Just wanted to remind you that, as with GNOME 41, we now have two weeks between .rc and the .0 release in order to allow some time to fix bugs discovered in the .rc release, which was tough to do with just one week there. So there is still a couple more days before it's time to start making .0 tarballs. If you forgot and made .0 tarballs early (I almost did this myself), that's fine, but please consider doing a .1 release for the benefit of any translations that come in between your .0 tarball and the translation deadline. This soft translation deadline is our way to help translators ensure their work is included in GNOME 42.0.

If you've discovered bugs that you want to fix for .0, release team is approving most freeze exceptions at https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Releng/freeze-breaks/-/issues.

Michael