Re: Stable .3 releases

Le mercredi 24 janvier 2007 à 15:44 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :

> This might be an issue in how we handle those releases, then. There
> might be too many fixes going in, while it might be better to only fix
> some critical issues (crashers or highly visible bugs).

Right, limiting changes would make easier for stable distributions to
consider the update. For dapper we didn't update everything because
evolution-data-server changed some sonames by example (which would force
to rebuild the packages using it). One another problem is that GNOME has
no procedure to verify that new version doesn't break anything (which
would probably not be something easy to do)

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher