Re: [Ekiga-list] usb handset: Uniden WIN1200?

Le lundi 17 mars 2008 à 18:45 -0400, sean darcy a écrit :
> ael wrote:
> > sean darcy wrote:
> >> I'm looking for a usb cordless handset to pair with ekiga. I'd like not
> >> to be tied to the pc while I talk.
> >
> > Why usb? Perhaps you have a modem that only has a usb connection?
> > Ethernet is generally preferred, if only because of the much higher
> > bandwidth.
> >
> > Grandstream might do one.
> >
> > ael
> I'm not explaining this well (:
>
> I've got three bedrooms in the house, each of which has a pc with a
> wired ethernet connection to an asterisk server. I realize I could get a
> small router and a sip phone - like a Grandstream. But this seems overkill.
>
> If I have ekiga up on the pc and a wired headset I can sit at the pc and
>   make and receive calls. What I'd like is to have a cordless handset to
> do this. The handset would ring when ekiga received a call, and I could
> use the keypad to make a call. I imagined the base station for the
> cordless handset to be connected to the pc with usb.
>
> Does this exist?

Yes, you have 2 options :
- a LID, ie some device like a phone with a dialpad, that would control
Ekiga. However, I have never tested the compatibility of such devices
with Linux and/or Ekiga in general. However, our wiki has a link :
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Controling_Ekiga_using_an_USB_phone

- there are also wireless headsets :
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Tested_hardware

Our wiki is wonderful... Thanks Yannick!
--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-