[Ekiga-list] No (key?) tone when dialing

Good morning to all.

Sorry to have not lurked longer before asking questions.  I have done
some searching of the archives but, probably due to a wrong concept,
used the wrong terms.

Basically I do not hear anything when I press the dial-pad keys and it
appears nothing is sent to the system I am connected-to/registered-with.

Fluff.  I have X-Lite (Linux) working.

Background.  CentOS 5, Ekiga 2.0.2. Alsa sound drivers,

I had this problem when I first installed Ekiga.  Then I tried X-Lite to
make sure it was not a sound/mic hardware issue.  When I started Ekiga
again it worked fine.  In a moment of 'superior grade stupid' I tried to
clean-up the Ekiga installation by un-installing, killing the conf file
and reinstalling.  (Can not remember why I thought the clean-up was
necessary but at the time there seemed to be a reason.)

Any ideas as to why there would be no tones transmitted?

Thanks,
Rod