[Evolution-hackers] What's the function of RECURRENCE ID

 Hi,

The rfc2445 has the definition of RECURRENCE-ID, and the libical
provides the interface:
"icalcomponent_get_recurrenceid ( )".  The rid can be used in the
function
"e_cal_get_object ( )" to specify the rid of the icalcomponent. But the
libical doesn't provide
example of the usage of RECURRENCE-ID. I'm puzzled by the functions of
RECURRENCE-ID.
Rfc2445 has provided the recurrence component properties like recurrence
rule, recurrence date/time,
Exception rule...
These are enough to describe a repeating component.
Can anybody give me a use case that the RECURRENCE-ID must be used?

YangLin