[Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: on (Unit) testing again

Hi all,

regarding Unit-testing our plugin, we've settled on the GLib Testing framework
and Unit tests written in C.

Now, when doing integration testing, we will certainly try to automate a few
things.

Question is: does there exist a preferred scripting tool / language within the
Evolution community for doing integration testing? I assume there is no
preference so far, but maybe there are some thoughts about which route the
Evolution project would like to take in future.

Within our project it has been brought up that POSIX shell scripts might be a
good choice in order to keep a low profile depencency-wise. Personally, I
would prefer a higher-level scripting language which will offer more facility
(esp. when it comes to mocking certain services or other complex things which
will be a little bit painful to do in shell scripts). Nonetheless, I can
perfectly understand the reasons if one prefers POSIX shell or something the
like.

This is not meant to start holy wars. Still, I'd be interested in opinions
(specially from the elders here :) about the topic so we can make a good
decision.

Many greetings,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/