Re: [Evolution] Problem with locking mbox

Hi --

I added myself to the 'mail' group, and am able to create files in
/var/mail/ now, but I'm still getting the same error from Evolution
about not being able to create the lock file?  Since it looks from

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=evolution/camel/camel-lock.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

that the lockfile is simple /var/mail/<me>.lock<some6digit#>, I'm not
sure why it is having a problem.  Evolution worked fine before I had to
rebuild my system, and I hadn't played with any permissions then....

-Chris

    I don't think that's a good solution because it defeats the purpose of
    the lock.

    Anyways, what you can do (and since you're probably on a single-user
    box, it's not a huge deal) is to give your user write-permission to the
    /var/spool/mail directory.

    Evolution is trying to create a .lock file there so that your mail
    doesn't get munged.

--
Christopher Lee <chlee mit edu>
(617) 253-5095 <http://web.mit.edu/chlee/www>