Re: [Evolution] UTF-8 in pilot-link???

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 23:39, Dan Hensley wrote:
For the past few days I haven't been able to compile Evolution with
conduit support because of this:

checking if pilot-link handles UTF-8 conversions... no
configure: error: evolution requires pilot-link to have working UTF-8
conversion routines

I added this check because it is needed for non-ASCII chars on the
pilot.  It should be supported in our pilot-link packages.

My question is, how do I get pilot-link to support UTF-8 conversions?  I
did a little digging and made a guess that I needed to install libiconv
1.7 (which I did by compiling), and then recompile pilot-link 0.9.5 with
libiconv.  However, when I do that I get the following error:

You shouldn't need libiconv on most platforms, as glibc contains an
implementation.  What platform are you using?

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com