Re: [Evolution] Slow filtering under NFS

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 20:44, Tad Truex wrote:
Greetings,

I've seen this issue (or one similar) discussed in the past but never
saw any clear resolution.  I usually run evo on a machine on which my
home directory is NFS mounted.  When I filter my messages, it takes an
unbearbly long time.  When I run on the server it is nearly
instantaneous.  Solutions mentioned to similar problems in the past have
been things like "get a real distribution", "get a real NFS
installation", etc...

Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with RedHat 7.2. As far as the NFS
server, you haven't clearly stated which machine is serving NFS and
which is the client, so god knows.

The only time we've told people to upgrade their NFS servers is if/when
their NFS servers were not properly handling file locking. It doesn't
sound like this is the case for you?

If it were, I'd think that you'd be getting warning or error dialogs
about not being able to lock the mailbox files.

Anyways, without a lot more information, it's impossible to say what
your problem is. It could be a slow network for all we know.

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.