[Evolution] How to use keyboard shortcuts in email composition windows?

Hi everyone, I just joined this list.  I've been using Evo on a RedHat
Linux box for a couple of years, but now find myself having to support
it under Sparc Solaris.  I'm talking Gnome 2.0 / Evolution 2.0.4 /
Solaris 9.

Most everything worked out of the box, but I have not yet been able to
find a way of using the Cut/Copy/Paste/Find buttons on the Sun keyboard.
Control-X and its friends work fine of course.

My experiments have been with pasting, using the SunPaste aka F18 key.
Some progress has been made, and I can now paste into the To: Cc: Bcc:
and Subject: boxes, but *not* the main editting window.   To make this
work I had to add lines along the likes of

<keybindings>
        <accel verb="EditPaste" name="F18"/>
</keybindings>

to /opt/csw/share/evolution/2.0/ui/evolution-composer-entries.xml

In-depth searching of everything I could find failed to show what file I
should modify to let pasting via F18 work with the composition window
itself.

Can anyone help me please?   We're going to face severe user-resistance
unless this can be got working.

Thanks,
        Paul Leyland