Re: [Evolution] Palms and Evolution

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 12:53 +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

That would be the way, BUT gnome-pilot support for palm has been broken
for over a year now and nobody seems to care.

And frankly no one will care if your idea of a bug report is to say "it
doesn't work".

My bugzilla entry has a pretty specific description of the problem. But
since no developer reacted at all, I almost forget I filed it.

The major current problem appears to be related to people who are trying
to build it (with various patches) against pilot-link 0.12 pre-releases,
which are not intended to be production releases (Fedora FC4 in
particular shipped with a config which was broken in almost every
interface wrt to palm sync).

This is a very interesting remark which I will certainly try. It would
have been nice if someone had made this remark as a reply to my bug
report.

If you are going to gripe about bugs be specific.  Otherwise people will
just ignore you.  [and with the blizzard of mails you have been sending
out today that might be a good thing]

If you (or anyone) is going to filter messages from people based on the
criterium "number of messages sent on a day" then that would imho be
rather stupid. If people do not want to read my messages because do they
not agree with the content, that's fine with me, such is life.

If you want me to copy&paste my complete bug report here, I'd happily do
that, I just think it's no use when I do not know beforehand if somebody
is actually interested.