Re: [Evolution] How to write in letters that have come in the In-Box

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 11:44 +1000, Steven Heimann wrote:

Lotus notes allows it.  I used to edit the subject of incoming emails so
I could file them in a useful way for later reference.  I have now
switched to Evolution and this is the feature I miss most.

I agree with you. This is an extremely useful feature, that of subject
header editing. I also used to edit the subject of incoming emails for
filing purposes and later reference.

And I use editing all the time in order to insert the definition of
words in e-mails I receive in other languages such as Spanish, which I
receive a lot of. It is tremendously useful for this. Otherwise 6 months
from now when I again refer to the letter, I have to look up the word
again.

Daniel Kasak in the next mail talks about the need for using e-mail in
court-- but for me, this could not be lower on the list. The utility of
e-mail should be maximized for day-to-day life. It should not suffocate
its users for the .001% chance that it might be useful some unlikely day
in court.

Swarup