Re: [Evolution] evolution deps

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 09:55 -0400, Bill Cunningham wrote:
Can someone direct me to a list of evolution's dependencies? Some I can
make sure I get everything the easy way.

Well the "easy way" is to install your GNU/Linux distro's Evolution
package and let your package manager pull in all the dependencies
automatically.

But if you're compiling the latest source code, you can find the
top-level dependencies listed at the top of the "configure.in" file
(look for "Required Packages").  e.g.

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution/trunk/configure.in?view=markup

But this is not a comprehensive list.  The listed packages require other
packages, which in turn require other packages, and so on.  Here again,
best to install the necessary "development" packages offered by your
distro and let your package manager pull in additional packages as
necessary.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes