Re: [Evolution] Importing old mailbox

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 11:26 +0100, Magnus Fromreide wrote:
I have tried to copy out the messages, but have yet to figure out how
to make
an mbox out of the number.HEADER, number.1.MIME, number.1.1.MIME,
number.1.1,
number.2.MIME, number.2 and so on files.

I *think* you can reconstruct the original message by concatenating the
parts. Unfortunately you can't just use "cat number.* > foo" as you want
the HEADER file(s) first, then the MIME parts, then the remainder. Left
as an excercise for the reader.

You'd need to do that for each split message, then concatenate all the
results into a single mbox file per folder, remembering to include an
empty line as separator, then import that file into Evo. You probably
want to keep it apart from your online folders until you check it, then
update the online ones by dragging and dropping.

Take backups before starting :-)

poc