Re: [Evolution] imap folders

Evolution seems to cache all downloaded IMAP mail... so, whenever you open a message, it saves its contents forever. Also, even if you don't open the message, the message headers will be downloaded. There's also a setting somewhere that causes Evolution to download all message contents, and you may want to check if it's enabled.

Every so often, to reduce the size of my .evolution folder, I delete ~/.evolution/mail/imap/account/folders. This deletes all cached messages, and next time Evolution starts, it re-downloads all the headers from the server. You may want to try this... but back up your .evolution folder first.