Re: [Evolution] evolution exchange

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 11:02 -0400, Nigel Atherton wrote:

Just came back online and noticed lots of emails about my
transgression.
Oops, bit of a noobie and didn't know the protocol.

When I sent out the original email, the messages that had been deleted
at work all still appeared in evolution.

Much later (longer than an hour) the folder just magically seemed to
update and remove the files that had been deleted.

I was online all the time and there were no issues with the
connection.

I had a similar issue again today.  This time I worked on 20 unread
emails in evolution, deleted them etc and when I looked at the folder
tree, it still displayed 20 unread emails.

I came back a few hours later and it now only shows 2 unread which is
correct.

Its as though there is some form of delay in syncing changes between
Evolution and the exchange server.

I have noticed similar behavior, and recently posted about it. (No
response). Send/Receive does nothing to correct it.  It occasionally
corrects itself over time.  The title bar shows the correct number of
unread messages, but the folder pane has more than actually exist.
--
Art Alexion
MIS