Re: [Evolution] Unable to retrieve message

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 18:51 +0100, Felix Koop wrote:

Am Sonntag, den 08.11.2009, 10:09 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
> On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 20:03 +0100, Felix Koop wrote:
> >
> > Just to be sure: The folder in which I get this message is not on any
> > server, but on the local machine. But I looked up all servers and there
> > is no message in the inbox of any server (not anything that resembles
> > this dead message by any means).
>
> The only other thing I can think of is a corrupted mbox file. You might
> try passing it through formail (part of the procmail package) which can
> clean up problems like this. Or even looking at it with an editor (e.g.
> if there's a non-ASCII character in there somewhere it could cause
> problems).
>
> poc

That didn't help. But I found another solution that did work: deleting
folders.db. When deleting index files, I only deleted *.cmeta, *.index,
*.index.data, *.ev-summary and *.ev-summary-meta. Now that I deleted
folders.db the mail seemed to go away.

I remember once I had to do that. Can't remember why but that had fixed my problem at the time as well.

Glad to hear you're in the clear!

Cheers,
Phil