[Evolution] contacts, calendars and memos not showing up

Hi good folks,
Today I discover that all my contacts, calendars and memos are not showing up in evo.
Recently, I moved from Ubuntu 10.10 to debian squeeze, keeping the same home directory, and used the instructions in the evo FAQ to backup/restore evo. All went well.
Possibly related is that a few days ago two things happened. First, clicking on a link in a mail msg no longer brought up a web browser.  And then I lost the ability to login to the gnome desktop. Thanks to jm_ at #gnome it was discovered that /bin/gnome-session was gone (still don't know why). I restored it and was able to login normally and bring up evo, and links worked. But it was only today, when I went to write a memo, that I discovered that memos, contacts and calendars are missing.
Poking around I see that I have both ~/.local/share/evolution (seems to have the contact, calendar, memo data) and .evolution (seems to have my mail).

Can anyone help me get my contacts, calendars and memos back?  I apologize if I have missed the answer while searching this list.

Evolution 2.30.3  / squeeze