Re: [Evolution] Question about how to view birthday out of LDAP

Dear Milan,

      Hi,
it's quite long time ago, and 2.32.x is old as well, the actual stable
is 3.0.2. I do not have much idea, maybe except of one bug I just

In the meantime I tested Evolution 3.0.2 on Ubuntu Natty with GNOME3
installed. All tests were done with running LDAP server and calendar
backends and double-checked after restart of gdm (relogin of the user).
The Openldap server was continuously online.

Results:
a) Anonymous access to LDAP addressbook will not bring any birthdate
into calendar
b) Access with addressbook admin LDAP account doesn't push the
birthdates into the calendar, either
c) Once you edit an addresbook entry and change the birthdate (e. g. to
one day earlier), the birthdate will show up in the calendar
d) Closing Evolution and opening again has no effect, the birthdate is
kept in calendar
e) As soon as gdm and by thus also the backends are restarted, the
birthdate disappears
f) A birthdate will not be stored in calendar as long as a contact is
assigned to category birthdate
g) On login and therefore start of the backends there is no
communication between backends and LDAP server. The first communication
is done, as soon as I search for an addressbook entry

I hope this helps you, even though I cannot provide any debug logs, yet.

Best regards

Thomas