Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.0.2 won't download mail

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 21:55 +1000, Rick Phillips wrote:
I will try a fresh install in the morning when I am feeling a little
less frustrated.  I will remove all existing accounts and mail files
and start from scratch to see what happens but I am not hopeful.  The
duplicate mail downloads have started again so I have to remove some
500 duplicates every time I start Evo.  This is very bad really.

A hypothetical explanation for both problems would be that Evo and the
mail server don't agree on what messages are new:

1) Evo won't download new messages after the first time, because it
thinks there's nothing new on the server, *or* because the server isn't
telling it.

2) When it does download messages, it includes old ones because it has
somehow forgotten it has already seen them, *or* because the server
isn't indicating correctly that they are old.

Does the server work correctly with a different client, e.g.
Thunderbird?

poc