Re: Bug 329841 - Also modify old directory names?

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 14:22 +0900, Bengt Thuree wrote:
> What is the concensus of implementing an patch which also updates the
> database? How to ensure it only runs once, and not to slow down everything
> in the future?

Just this evening I committed a patch that makes it very easy to run
one-time upgrades.  For example, the first upgrade in the system removes
the Other tag if it is empty, as it's been decided that it's pretty
worthless.

The main issue with this specific upgrade would be doing the move in
such a way that if it got interrupted data would not be lost.

Gabriel