strange behavior when importing

Hello,

I can't figure out what is going on here.

1) I launch f-spot (0.3.2.0, SVN built).
2) Choose "file --> import"
3) choose "select folder"
4)  pick a folder (has many subfolders about 3-4 layers of them and ~3Gb of
photos)
5) then I end up with import screen showing *nothing*.
6) repeat ad infinitum without any change.

some more info:
1) I always use symbolic links and follow them through --> tried original
location and it works there, why?
2) other symbolic links of similar nature work fine.
3) like I said about, there are many subfolders in the location and photos
are embedded in those sub folders but since original location works, then it
should be fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Turgut