Re: Issues cooperation

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 01:23:44PM -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
[...]
>         * Accepting contributions:  This is copyright assignment
>         papers.  We have been as guilty here as pretty much every other
>         free software project.  However, work is underway within the
>         GNOME Foundation to request copyright assignments from
>         contributors to the core GNOME packages.

Every other time this has come up (e.g. in foundatin meeting minutes),
it has been pitched as "the infrastructure is being set up to permit
people to assign their copyrights to the GNOME foundation if they wish".
This is quite different from requesting copyright assignments and
claiming (as you do later in this mail) that having all the copyrights
assigned to the GNOME foundation is necessarily better for everybody.

Malcolm

--
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your
principles.