RE: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

> From: Andreas J. Guelzow [mailto:aguelzow taliesin ca]
> Public voting, even voting by roll call, is quite common in the
> parliaments of the western democracies.

Yes, as they do in the US Senate and House of Representatives, but that's
because those people are representing the voters and should be accountable
to them. But as a voter I am accountable to nobody, so nobody needs to see
my vote.

You might not agree with commonly-used democratic systems, but this isn't
really the place for uninformed musings about political science, and the
GNOME Foundation isn't a particularly good place to experiment with them.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com