Re: Mission Statement

On 6 August 2014 17:05, Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:

On 08/06/2014 11:57 AM, Ryan Lortie wrote:

I was disappointed (but not completely surprised) to learn that,
although OPW has expanded to many projects beyond GNOME, GNOME is left
handling all of the money for all participants at all organisations.
This hasn't only exposed us to substantial financial risks; it has
caused actual financial problems for the project.  This year, GNOME
temporarily ceased funding of hackfests in order to recover from the
cashflow problems caused by the size of OPW.

I'm sensing a general lack of information in your post (which should
absolutely be provided to you) about the program and its affect on GNOME and
its finances, so I thought it would be worth pointing out that GNOME does
charge a per-intern administrative fee to each non-GNOME project
participating in OPW. So GNOME is far from taking on this extremely helpful
and beneficial work without compensation.

I personnally have no problem with GNOME managing OPW but given that's
it getting bigger than GNOME itself it may make sense to have an
independant foundation.
Apart from that, regarding the time consumed, is the charge enough to
hire someone part time dedicated to it?