Re: Question regarding gnomine and theme compatibility.

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:57 -0700, lenrek ash wrote:

> Shouldn't gnomine use its own set of pixmap for its
> own display? I mean, shouldn't the application
> maintain its own display structure regardless how
> external environment change?

This is like saying that every application should do it's own thing with
buttons and other widgets. It is traditional to give games an unusual
user interface, but in the case of gnomine it was decided to make it
behave like other applications: following themes and colourings.

We use the same primitive functions (like gtk_paint_box) which are used
to draw the actual widgets. They should be well behaved under any theme,
but obviously I have made some bad assumptions in this case.

 - Callum