Re: [Gimp-user] Adjusting Colors But Not Whites

On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 15:44 -0400, Frank Gore wrote:
I have a set of icons which are a specific color (blue) with white
text on them. I want to change them to be a different color
(turquoise) and a fair bit darker, but I want the text to remain
white.

First, best is to keep the text as a text layer if it's not too late,
and to work on the blue layer separately.

Second, colours->map has rotate colours, and that combined with using
curves to make the image darger without moving the white point, is
pretty easy and doesn't involve making new layers.

Liam