[Gimp-user] Changing Image Zoom default

How to permanently change the default zoom size from 12.5 to a larger size?

Like most people, I hate repeatedly wasting unnecessary keystrokes...and after
size from the 12.5 default to a larger size for better viewing on my laptop.  I
can’t find any way to edit / permanently change the 12.5 default size to
something larger.

The attached screen shot attached shows the zoom scale popped for illustration
purposes...it's default is always 12.5, then I either have to over type the 12.5
with a different # or select one of the other sizes from the zoom scale.

Win 10 Pro and GIMP 2.8.22...any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/746/original/EXAMPLE_for_GIMP_Discussion_about_ZOOM_choice.JPG

--
Roundball (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)