[Gimp-user] Clonr path selection to path.

I have used Gimp for many years and not come across this, but thought I would
check in case it is in Gimp somewhere as it would easily achieve my desired
outcome.

Some decades ago I used Colorworks on OS/2, had non destructive editing, editing
effects as layers with layer masks to control the intensity of effects and the
ability to clone from one "selection from path" into another path as long as the
node count was the same.

It is the latter function I am interested in as I commonly have use of fitting
content from one area into the boundaries of another, has anyone knowledge of a
script or plugin that does this.
Steve

--
steveedmonds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)