GNOME UI Summary [Nov 12, 1999 - Dec 1, 1999]

This is the GNOME UI Summary for  November 12 - December 1.

  Table of Contents

 1)  NEW WEBSITE
 2)  New Redesigns
 3)  UI Hit Squad Back In Business

 1)  NEW WEBSITE

The GNOME User Interface Improvement Project is no longer at
http://www.jcinteractive.com/gnome-ui/

It is now at http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/ . Please
update your links and/or bookmarks, and distribute that URL.
This change is temporary, until the major reorganization of
the website is completed. After this is done, it will move
again. I'm sorry about all this moving, but I simply cannot
afford to keep the GNOME UI IP up at jcinteractive.com.

 2)  New Redesigns

There is a new redesign up for the GNOME Help Browser at
http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/hitsquad/gnome-help-browser.html
It includes Index and History panes, as well as a Search
feature.

There is also a redesign of GnomeICU available at
http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/hitsquad/gnomeicu.html
This is basically redesigning GnomeICU to take advantage of
the GNOME widget set, but it is also (at the very least) an
attempt to tackle the horrible problem of ICQ's common
interface.

 2)  UI Hit Squad Back In Business

The UI Hit Squad has been reborn, and will start tackling the
UI issues that come up ASAP. The current members are:

James M. Cape <jcape@jcinteractive.com>
David C. Mason <dcm@redhat.com>
sungod <sungod@atdot.org>
Michael Gratton <mike@vee.net>
David Santiago <mrcooger@cyberverse.com>

The purpose of the UI Hit Squad is to take ideas from various
sources, formalize them, vote on them, pass them to the
gnome-gui mailing list for a final discussion, then implement
them. The real meat and potatos of the UI work.