New version of GnoRPM

I have just released gnorpm-0.6, which is a GUI frontend to the RPM
package management system.  This version contains significant new features
over 0.5.  Here is a list of some of the changes:
 - Nicer icons.  There is a new default package icon done by Tigert.
   Also, the tree down the side now looks a little nicer (it also seems a
   bit more reliable).
 - Added drag and drop capabilities.  Now you can drag RPMs from the file
   manager to the main gnorpm window and it will open an install dialog.
   You can also drag files to the install dialog, which will add them to
   its list.
 - Added rpmfind functionality.  If you have ever used Daniel Veillard's
   rpmfind program, you know how useful it is.  If you haven't, it helps
   you download and install RPMs off the internet, making sure that you
   get the dependent packages as well.  Now you can do this from gnorpm.
   (if you don't want this feature, you can compile without it by passing
   the --disable-rpmfind argument to configure)

If you had tried out one of the snapshots I put on my ftp site between 0.5
and 0.6, the main changes are to the rpmfind code.  Now the search results
are correct (I was chopping off the top of the results list during the
sort), and download and install part works properly.

To compile this release, you will need gnome-libs, gnome-http and
gnome-xml.  If your ISP only allows you to access FTP sites through a
proxy, you will need to apply a patch to gnome-http.  It is available at
ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/gnome/libghttp.patch (I have sent this to
Chris Blizzard, so it may be in a future release of gnome-http).

You can get a copy of gnorpm at
  ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/gnome/gnorpm-0.6.tar.gz
(sorry no RPMs yet).  If you like pictures, a screenshot is available at
  http://www.daa.com.au/~james/gnome/gnorpm-0.6.gif

One last note -- if your ISP blocks HTTP access except through a proxy,
you may run into problems when you first run gnorpm.  It may be a good
idea to create a file ~/.gnome/gnorpm that contains the following lines:
[rpmfind]
http-proxy=http://your.proxy.name:proxy-port/

After that, you should be able to set other options from the preferences
dialog.

If you find bugs, please tell me.

James Henstridge.

--