Announce: Jungle Monkey 0.1

Jungle Monkey 0.1 (the "Enter the Monkey" release) is now available.
This is the first wide public release.

Jungle Monkey (JM) is a distributed file sharing program.  You join
channels where people offer files for download.  You can offer your
own files and create your own channels as well.  Once you download a
file, others can connect to you to get that file.  You can also search
for files.

Jungle Monkey requires GTK 1.2.7 and a few other libraries.  If you
have Gnome, you can enable basic Gnome support.

Jungle Monkey 0.1 is beta software.  It is fairly stable and usable,
but may still have lingering bugs.  Development will continue in the
0.1 series that may break backward compatabilty with older Jungle
Monkey clients.  We hope for a stable release (0.2 or 1.0) in early
summer.

Jungle Monkey is licensed under the GNU General Public License.  In a
nutshell, this means it's free, you can share it with your friends,
but it's not our fault if it breaks your computer.

Source code, Deb's, RPM's, screenshots, and more information is
available on the Jungle Monkey homepage:

       http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/jm

--
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ /  David Helder - University of Michigan