intltool 0.11 is available (formerly xml-i18n-tools)

A new release of the intltool package is available. The intltool package is
a set of tools for translating the contents of data files using the gettext
translation framework.

This new release, intltool 0.11, is fully compatible with packages that
expect to find it under the name xml-i18n-tools. The script xml-i18n-toolize
is still present, and the old autoconf macros are still supported.

But for new packages that use data files that are all in UTF-8 format (most
gnome 2 packages), intltool can be used under its new name. There's a script
called intltoolize, and there are new autoconf macros.

One example of a package that has been converted to use the new macros is
HEAD of gnome-vfs.

All xml-i18n-tools users should upgrade to this new version, because the bug
fixes are equally helpful whether you use the old xml-i18n-tools
compatibility name or the new intltool name.

Other changes in intltool since version 0.9.5:

    - A fix to the long-standing split line bug (me)
    - A fix to the "no .po files" bug (me).
    - Added support for .scm files (Kenneth, Carlos)
    - Get rid of mistaken "\n" -> "n" escaping logic (me)
    - Ignore comment lines in POTFILES.in (me)
    - Remove "-?" option for compatibility with older Perl versions (me)
    - Fix tests so the pass make distcheck (me)
    - Fix undefined variable problems in xml-i18n-toolize (Peter Williams)

You can find the source code for intltool 0.11 on gnome ftp:

<ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/intltool/intltool-0.11.tar.gz>

If you have problems with intltool, feel free to report bugs at
bugzilla.gnome.org.

    -- Darin