release 0.04-1 of Gnome Wave Cleaner

I would like to announce the release of gnome wave cleaner 0.04-1

What is it?
-------------
It is a gnome app to do audio restoration on audio files (in wav
format).

Why is it?
------------
I have all these old tapes and vinyl LP's I want to get burned on CD's,
but wanted to remove background noise and clicks first.

How good is it?
-------------------
I believe this is the best audio restoration program available for free
on
the internet today.  I researched the methods for months, read lots of
papers on Fast Fourier Transform methods, declicking algorithms etc.
I enlisted the aid of my friend with a PhD in mathematics to help me
understand some parts of papers written by other PhD's in the field.

I think you'll be amazed at what this app can do for audio restoration.
The only real problem with the program is it only works on little-endian

machines (sorry, no access to a sparc).

Where is it?
http://www.redhawk.org/vinyl.html

What's next?
- There is help at the web site, need to incorporate into the app.
- Work on importing the declicking and denoising algorithms as plugins
into the glame project (glame.sourceforge.net).

Jeff Welty
jeff redhawk org