ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.1.0

*** gtkmm 2.2

gtkmm provides a C++ interface to GTK+. gtkmm 2.2 wraps GTK+ 2.2
http://www.gtkmm.org.

Like GTK+ 2.2, gtkmm 2.2 will contain only API addition, without API or ABI
breakage. We might do bug-fixing work on gtkmm 2.0, but most work will
happen on HEAD, because a stable GTK+ 2.2.0 will be released soon.

Contrary to the gtkmm 2.0.2 announcement, gtkmm 2.0.2 will not build
with GTK+ 2.1.x, due to minor API breakage in GTK+.

*** Changes since 2.0.1

2.1.0:

* atkmm: Major API corrections. It was unusable before, so we felt free to break
  the API. (Daniel Elstner)
* Gtk::Clipboard: Now inherits from Glib::Object, so it should be used with
  Glib::RefPtr<>. This was unusable before, so we felt free to break the API.
  (Murray Cumming)
* Gtk::TreeModel::RowReference: It's now a "boxed type" so it can be copied.
  (Murray Cumming)
* Gtk::TreeView: some convenience method overloads added. (Daniel Elstner)
* gdkmm: New classes and methods added, mostly to support multi-head.
  (Murray Cumming)
* gtkmm: New methods, for multi-head and some new TreeView methods.
  (Daniel Sundberg, Murray Cumming)
* glibmm/stringutils.h: New utility functions. (Daniel Elstner)
* Gtk::Toolbar: Now has non-STL-style interface - e.g. append().
  (Murray Cumming)
* Glib::Markup added. You probably want to use a real XML parser instead.
  (Daniel Elstner)
* Spec file for RPMs corrected. (Walter H. van Holst)

Documentation:
* Widget-specific and Internationalization chapters completed.
* Book now has inline example code. (Murray Cumming, Daniel Elstner)
* New book/dialogs example. (Murray Cumming)
* examples: warnings fixed. (Daniel Elstner)

Also in 2.0.2:
* Lifetime fix: rare segfault involving destruction and hide() fixed.
  (Daniel Elstner)
* TreeView::append_editable(): Now works with bool model columns.
  (Murray Cumming)
* reference-counting fixed in some vfuncs. (Daniel Elstner)

*** Download

http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml

You will need libsigc++ 1.2, available here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1970

*** Development

There is ongoing discussion on the mailing list: