Guikachu 1.2.0: "The Inevitable Return" released

Guikachu 1.2.0: "The Inevitable Return" released

Guikachu is the premiere solution for creating PalmOS resource files
on UNIX operating systems, and it is also available as Free Software,
as defined by the GNU GPL. "Resources" are data statically linked into
PalmOS applications, and contain information about user-visible things
like strings, windows, and menu structures. Guikachu, based on the
GNOME 1.4 libraries, makes it possible to edit these files in an
easy-to-use way, under the popular GNOME desktop environment.

Guikachu is available for immediate download at
	 <http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu>

After half a year of development, we are proud to offer version 1.2,
our new production-quality release, with several new features,
including the following:

	* Support for string list resources
	* Usability improvements in the form editor, including
	  resizing of widgets via drag-and-drop, and selecting widgets
	  by drawing a bounding box with the mouse
	* Support for projects targeting non-Palm handhelds
	  (currently, this is limited to eBookMan palmtops)
	* Improved font support, including escape sequences
	* And, of course, lots of bug fixes and miscellaneous small
	  usability improvements

Now that Guikachu 1.2 is out, we'll discuss our future road-map on the
Guikachu mailing list, open to participation to anyone at
	<http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/guikachu-main>

Guikachu is created by Gergő Érdi, with contributions from Jay
Bloodworth and Christopher Keith Fairbairn. The Guikachu artwork was
done by Basilico Briceno. Source code includes code snippets by Martin
Schulze. Widget icons are taken from the excellent UI editor Glade, by
Damon Chaplin. Special thanks to Murray Cumming and Daniel Elstner for
their C++ hints every now and then, to Marco Antonio Cabazal, Erich
Douglass and Roger So for providing binary packages of Guikachu for
various Linux distributions, and to all our translators who made our
application easier to use for non-English speakers.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001