Monster Masher 1.0 released

Friends,

The first feature-complete and publically announced version of Monster
Masher has just been released.

  In the old days, before man entered the world, the gnomes were
  abundant. Through centuries of hard labour, only slightly eased by
  the levitational powers provided to them by their god, they bored
  out shafts and caves in the mountains. Always seeking the precious
  stones and valuable ore...

* What!?

Some of the gnomes dug too deep. Greedy little bastards.

* Yeah, but what is "Monster Masher"?

Monster Masher is a GPL'ed mash'em-up action game for GNOME. Each
level contains a number of blocks and monsters. You're a little gnome
running around. By pushing the blocks you can mash the monsters one at
a time. There are various power-ups and different kinds of monsters.

* So it's free software and a game, huh? Then the artwork must suck!

The graphics are _graphics_, not ASCII art or look-mum-I-can-use-paint
line art. And there are sounds, although only 2 different for the time
being (help needed). But see for yourself.

* Cool! Where do I get it?

Right here:

  http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/monster-masher/
  http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/monster-masher/screenshots.html

The requirements are Gnome 2.2 and the gtkmm and gnomemm-all libraries
from www.gtkmm.org.

* Pants off, I want to help!

That sounds good. Please first put your pants on again, then:

  1. Download, install and play the game at the various difficulty
     levels. Then tell me how it was: boring? fun? too difficult? too
     easy? Usage reports or suggestions for improvements are
     _extremely_ welcome.

  2. Take a look at the list of missing sounds, crank up a microphone
     and record some.

  3. Think about how the graphics for the intro should look like, fire
     up your favourite graphics program or 3D modeler and make some.

  4. If you're a skilled English native speaker, look through the
     texts in the introduction and tell me how they could be improved.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/