ANNOUNCE: Dr. Geo 0.9.8

Application
===========

Dr. Geo 0.9.8

Description
===========

Dr. Geo is a GTK interactive geometry software. It allows one
to create geometric figure plus the interactive manipulation
of such figure in respect with their geometric constraints. It
 is useable with students from primary or secondary level.

Enhancements
============

As usual Dr. Geo brings innovation ;-)

With this release we are proud to introduce our Dr. Geo Scheme Figure
(DSF) feature. In the following release, we will concentrate in
enhancing, stabilising and documenting it. Eventually advices from the
Scheme community will be seek.

Here follow some description about the DSF.

* Set up the Dr. Geo Scheme Figure (DSF) interface to let the user
defines figure as Scheme code. From the interface point of view, we
have added the File->Evaluate menu command which let the user loads
and
evaluates a DSF. The cool things about DSF are:

 - Figure are mostly written in a rather natural language, this is the
easy part

 - But the coooolest aspect is that DSF is just Scheme code, which
mean you can define a figure recursively or you can abstract even
higher the way you construct your figure. Let's say defining a triangle
model over the DSF API then using it into your figure definition.

Also a multi-lingual interface will be supported. We have already set
up the specific system to let user define figure in their native
language.

Here are some examples:

1. An empty figure

(new-figure "MyFigure")

2.  A figure with some free points defined by coordinates
(new-figure "Figure")
(lets Point "A" free 1 2)
(lets Point "B" free 5 4)

3. A figure with higher level definition

(define  (triangle p1 p2 p3)
  (Segment "" extremity p1 p2)
  (Segment "" extremity p2 p3)
  (Segment "" extremity p1 p3))

(new-figure "My triangle")

(lets Point "A" free 0 0)
(lets Point "B" free 5 0)
(lets Point "C" free 0 5)
(triangle A B C)

Scheme is a very high level language, perfect to manipulate abstract
knowledge.  We have made a wise choice using it with Dr.Geo, the DSF
shows again how cool is Scheme with geometry concept. Stay tuned with
coming cool development.

Other changes in this version are:

* Enhancement in the localisation.

* Fix a misbehaviour in the tab system.

* Updated Indian, German, French and Swedish translations.

Download
========

http://www.ofset.org/drgeo/download.html

GNOME Software Map entry