ANNOUNCE: GTetrinet 0.5.2

Application
===========

GTetrinet 0.5.2

Description
===========

GTetrinet is a Tetrinet client for GNOME2. Tetrinet is a variant of the
popular
Tetris brick game, that can be played simultaneously by 6 players.
GTetrinet's
goal is to remain completely compatible with the Windows, original
client.

Notes
=====
The big change in this release is the fix for the infamous "connecting
segfault"
which, by Murphy's law, everyone except bocata and I managed to trigger.
There's some other stuff, check below.
On another note, this was probably (unless Bad Things(tm) happen) the
last
0.5.x release, and also the last one to be released on SourceForge. Our
plan
is to move GTetrinet to GNOME cvs immediately.
For 0.6, we want finish porting the obsolete Gtk 1.2/GNOME 1.4 stuff in
the
code and fix some of the most annoying behaviours in GTetrinet, as
reported
by several users. Unfortunately, the dark time of exams has started, so
don't
expect much (unless we get patches ;) until mid-February or so.

Enhancements
============
- Fixed segfault on connect dialog many people were seeing. Really.
- Fixed behaviour of "Ok" button in preferences. It actually works now.
- Take in account players that have left during a game in progress, so
  you can't use specials against ghost players.
- Added intltool support.
- Dialogs look nicer now, and are HIG compliant.
- Added sanity checks in the connect dialog, in case you include invalid
  or no nickname, server name or spectator password.
- Ignore the shift status, so you can use shift keys as game keys.
- Rewrote fields message input field, so it deals with composed
characters.
- Other minor fixes and code cleanups.

Download
========
http://download.sourceforge.net/gtetrinet/
(as always, it may take some time to appear)