ANNOUNCE: gnome-vfsmm 1.3.0 (Initial release)

*** gnome-vfsmm

gnome-vfsmm wraps the gnome-vfs API for C++. It will soon be part of gnomemm.

This is the first release. It's been quickly thrown together.

Here is the current API:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gnomemm2/reference/html/namespaceGnome_1_1Vfs.html

And here are some small examples:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnomemm/gnome-vfsmm/examples/
(look in the tarball if that does not show 2 examples yet)

In particular there are the following simple issues. _You_ need to help with these:
- Some of the methods in Gnome::Vfs::Uri should probably be in Gnome::Vfs::Handle
as overloaded static methods.
- The exception class needs to provide details.
- We need to use namespaced C++ enums - we should probably patch gnome-vfs to
register the enums as GTypes.
- We probably need to close handles (if they are open) in the destructors.
- There is more API to be wrapped.

*** Download

You will need some other *mm libraries available from the same place.
You will also need the lastest orbitcpp 1.3.x:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/orbitcpp/

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net