gxmpcr -- software for controlling XM Radio's PC radio, XMPCR

 Greetings,

Non continental U.S residents please note: XM Satellite Radio is only available in the continental U.S.

XM Satellite Radio <http://www.xmradio.com> has made available XMPCR <http://www.xmradio.com/xmpcr/>, a satellite radio for your PC.

I have made available for users of this device gxmpcr <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ecodeskull/xmpcr/>, software for controlling the same.

gxmpcr is a client/server system, with CORBA interface available courtesy of libbonobo and bonobo-activation.

It is GPL software.

The most current version is gxmpcr-0.4.88 <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ecodeskull/software/gxmpcr-0.4.88.tar.gz>. The version number reflects my assessment of the state of the server (which probably constitutes more than one half, but who's counting). The client is currently only a command line program for testing components in the server.

There currently is no gui. Requires some tinkering to get up and running. Be sure to initialize your radio in mswinblows ( sorry ) before you try this.

If you have an xmpcr and you'd to see this realized and you'd like to contribute, please let me know <mailto:codeskull comcast net>.

A community <http://www.xmfan.com/viewforum.php?f=31> has formed for hacking software for this device.

The same community is hacking the hardware as well. They have managed to produce a optical digital output module <http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/xmtodioubo.html> that you can attach if you have soldering skills.

Also there is an already modded version <http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/xmwitoopdiou.html>.

If you don't have an xmpcr, you have to get one! It sounds great with the optical output. Pipe it into your audigy2 for full digital processing, tone control - eq, etc. If you get one today and get the module and you can solder, the total price would be about $90.00 plus shipping. But for about $120 plus shipping you can get the modded version. (No, I don't have an associated commercial interest)

See the thread <http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=10653> I started as the first to make the modification at home.

Enjoy!