GNOME 2.15.1 Released!

GNOME 2.15.1 Development Release

This is our first development release on our road towards GNOME 2.16.0,
which will be released in September 2006. And I can tell you that GNOME
2.15.1 tastes good. Go download it. Go compile it. Go test it. And go
hack on it, document it, translate it, fix it.

Note that there is an epiphany 2.15.1 release, but it was not included
in GNOME 2.15.1 because it depends on an unreleased GTK+. But it's still
a rocking epiphany release!

To compile GNOME 2.15.1, you can use GARNOME (will be released soon), or
the jhbuild modulesets available at:

        http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.15.1/

The release notes that describe the changes between 2.14.1 and 2.15.1
are available. Go read them to learn all the goodness of this release:

platform - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.15/2.15.1/NEWS
desktop  - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.15/2.15.1/NEWS
admin    - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.15/2.15.1/NEWS
bindings - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.15/2.15.1/NEWS

Here are some figures about this release:

admin 2.15.1 statistics:
  tar.gz:   792K        total
  tar.bz2:  616K        total

bindings 2.15.1 statistics:
  tar.gz:   24M total
  tar.bz2:  16M total

desktop 2.15.1 statistics:
  tar.gz:   152M        total
  tar.bz2:  111M        total

platform 2.15.1 statistics:
  tar.gz:   51M total
  tar.bz2:  35M total

The GNOME 2.15.1 release is available here:

platform sources - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.15/2.15.1/
desktop  sources - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.15/2.15.1/
admin    sources - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.15/2.15.1/
bindings sources - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.15/2.15.1/

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is buildable
and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking purposes.
GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development status.

For more informations about 2.15, the full schedule, the official module
lists and the proposed modules list, please see our new shiny 2.15 page:

  http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable/

We hope you'll love it,

The GNOME Release Team