ANNOUNCE: Gossip 0.12

Gossip 0.12 is now available for download from:
http://download.gnome.org/sources/gossip/0.12/

What is Gossip
==============

Gossip is an instant messaging client for GNOME with an easy-to-use
interface, providing users of the GNOME Desktop with a friendly way to
keep in touch with their friends.

What's new in Gossip 0.12
=========================

- Copious memory leaks quashed by our (now) FULL time uber hacker,
memory use at an all time low now (Richard).
- Added Peekaboo, an applet to quickly show chat windows and some of the
more popular functions of Instant Messaging (Martyn).
- Remove close button from log window (Richard).
- Show avatars in chat views (Richard, Martyn).
- Make sure we set our own presence in chatrooms, not just on the
roster (Martyn).
- Use the GNOME throbber to show the user when we are connecting (Martyn).
- Added two new themes, Simple and Clear (Martyn, Richard).

Bugs Fixed
==========

- Fixed #313177, Use GNOME Network Manager to know about connection
state and connect/disconnect accordingly (Martyn).
- Fixed #339333, Update the Galago support to work with the new 0.5.x
API, (patch by Brian Pepple).
- Fixed #344637, Popup presence chooser menu on mouse down (Richard).
- Fixed #345000, Don't insert a null group name in the groups list (Richard).
- Fixed #306369, Case fold Jabber IDs (Richard).
- Fixed #337471, Don't insert tab in private chats when hitting Tab
(Richard).
- Fixed #345326, Show a tooltip for the notification area icon
(Martyn).
- Fixed #345465, Don't call Network Manager DBus functions without
DBus support (Martyn).
- Fixed #345492, Updated the help documentation, (patch by Brian
Pepple, Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni).
- Fixed #319713, Private chats started from group chats show the wrong
contact name (Richard).
- Fixed #343687, Don't allow joining group chats already open by
double clicking on the chat room in the join window (Martyn).
- Fixed #345657, Initialise the errors hash table in gossip_app_init()
so we don't crash trying to use it (Martyn).
- Fixed #345636, Contact list geometry is not always saved (Richard).
- Fixed #346298, Don't log empty messages (Mikael).
- Fixed #346294, Connect or Disconnect when double clicking on an
account in the accounts dialog (Mikael).
- Fixed #344294, Chat colors are not theme friendly (Martyn, Richard).
- Fixed #158440, Don't start multiple instances of Gossip (Martyn).
- Fixed #346496, Crash on PPC for non-ASCII URLs (Richard).

Updated Translations
====================

Gabor Kelemen (hu)
Gintautas Miliauskas (lt)